EEW BUZZ shares news &
entertainment relevant to
the urban faith-based
YOUR DAILY CUP
Daily Cup of Inspiration
provides "freshly brewed,"
biblically-based blog posts
to empower & strengthen
Hobbs Ministries brands,
markets, and promotes
EEW Magazine Online
encourages women by
stories of faith
"Turnt Up With Sunny D"
hosted by Dianna Hobbs
examines culture from a
|© Copyright 2013-2014 Empowering Everyday Women Ministries
Get more inspiration on
Request prayer from our
Contact our organization
with your question
Share your story and be
Dianna Hobbs is on the radio
daily from 5PM-6PM Est. Tune
in. More Details
Get empowerment every day
when you read "Your Daily
Cup of Inspiration" blog! Join
thousands receiving timely
In Honor of MLK Day: 10 Favorite Dr. Martin Luther King Quotes
Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It is a time we set aside to honor and pay tribute to the life and
transformational work of one man who believed he could change the world with the help of God. Through
courageous words and actions, Dr. King strove for peace, inclusion, and harmony among all people.
The influential Civil Rights Leader and Baptist preacher's words and example of non-violent protest continue to
inspire generations, and in 2014, his legacy lives on. So EEW editors have gathered 10 of our favorite Dr. King
1. On the Power of Love: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out
hate; only love can do that."
2. On Handling Challenges: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort
and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
3. On Speaking Up: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
4. On Forgiveness: "We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to
forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.
When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies."
5. On Doing Right: "The time is always right to do what is right."
6. On Helping Others: "The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: 'If I stop to help this man,
what will happen to me?' But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: 'If I do not stop to help this man, what
will happen to him?'"
7. On the Power of the Law: "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him
from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important."
8. On the Cons of Remaining Silent: "We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic
words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people."
9. "On Never Losing Hope: "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
10. On What You Allow: "A man can't ride your back unless it's bent."
JANUARY 20, 2014